Have you ever spent a night not being able to sleep because of those irritating mosquitoes flying around you and finding every opportunity to bite on your skin? You must have looked dreadful in the morning with all those swelling, itching and redness. You will find hardly any people who haven’t complained about mosquito bites.
There are various products in the market for getting rid of mosquitoes and other bugs, but most of them don’t show what they promise. If all your attempts of getting rid of bugs have failed then you should try bug zapper. It is very effective and people have got very good results from it. You will find the best bug zapper in the market today that will solve your bug problem.
- 1 What is bug zapper and why do you need it?
- 2 Best Bug Zapper in 2020 – Updated List
- 3 1. Flowtron FC-8800 – Best Bug Zapper on the market in 2020
- 4 2. Flowtron BK-80D – Amazing 1.5 Acre Bug Zapper
- 5 3. Sandalwood Electric Bug Zapper – Awesome Electronic Insect Killer
- 6 4. TESCCI 20W Electronic Bug Zapper – Top Rated Bug Zapper For UV Light
- 7 5. Flowtron BK 40D – Best Outdoor Bug Zapper
- 8 6. Mergence Wall Sconce Fly Trap – Amazing Bug Zapper For Flying Insects
- 9 7. Solar Bug Zapper Garden Light – Best Solar Bug Zapper
- 10 8. Insect Killer Zapper – Amazing Outdoor Mosquito Zapper
- 11 9. Flowtron BK 80D – Amazing 1.5 Acre Bug Zapper, 2 Pack
- 12 10. Gardner GT200 Insect Light – Best Insect Light Trap
- 13 11. Flowtron FC7800 – Best Industrial Bug Zapper
- 14 12. Genus Spectra UV Fly Light Trap – Amazing Compact Bug Zapper for restaurant
- 15 Buying Guide – Bug Zapper Checklist Before Purchase
- 16 Final Verdict
With the best bug zapper, you can think of spending the spring without any mosquito bite. You will be able to spend lovely summer evenings in your garden without worrying about bugs. A bug zapper can be a lifesaver. It will keep you and your family safe from any bug bites.
Lots of research has been conducted and finally, we have this wonderful product in the market now that can guarantee us a bug-free life. Many manufacturers have come up with this product having different features. Here we will discuss the best bug zappers available in the market today.
What is bug zapper and why do you need it?
Most of us have a little outdoor space in the house where we can spend lazy afternoons or wonderful evenings; it can be your backyard, garden, deck or patio. If there are insects around then these little creatures can spoil your mood by biting you or infesting on your food. You will find different kinds of devices in the market like Citronella candles, pesticides or traps. Electronic bug zappers are something quite new and are very effective in getting rid of insects.
This device attracts bugs towards it using ultraviolet light and later kills them using electricity. It is a very simple device which consists of a lantern-like housing, light bulbs, ire meshes and transformer. The bugs are attracted towards the light and get stuck in the wire-mesh grids. High voltage electricity then passes through them and kills the bugs.
The annoying sound of insects can drive you insane. Bug zapper can save from such discomfort and allow you to have a lovely time outdoors. Bug zapper is the best option for you for the following reasons.
- The device is simple and easy to carry anywhere.
- It is safe to be placed around children.
- It can easily get rid of flying insects.
- The insects get vaporized, so there will be no mess.
- It can eradicate lots of insects within a very short time.
- There is no health risk associated with this product.
Bug zapper won’t let you down when it comes to making your surrounding insect free. It is highly effective and needs very low maintenance. Having a bug zapper in your home can give you great comfort.
Best Bug Zapper in 2020 – Updated List
Insect bites are not only annoying, but they can be harmful as well. They can cause irritation, rashes, swellings, and other reactions. Bug zapper can effectively kill these insects. It’s a chemical free option and so is very popular. In this article, we will review the top 10 bug zappers on the market of this year.
1. Flowtron FC-8800 – Best Bug Zapper on the market in 2020
This bug zapper is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. Our expert make it one of the most popular and the best bug zapper in this year. It’s glow tube and glow-panel reflector ensures that most of the insects are caught. It uses ultraviolet light to attract insects into its mesh. The grid is AC powered and can generate 5,600 volts.
Features of Flowtron FC-8800 Bug Zapper
- It is capable of controlling night-flying insects to maximum 2 acres.
- It can cover 1,200 sq ft indoors as well.
- You can easily mount it horizontally or vertically.
- It is ideal for both residential and commercial applications. It is ideal for barns and dumpsters.
- It is safe to use in food premises to maintain good sanitary condition.
- You can change the settings easily according to your needs. So, it allows for energy consumption.
- The grill is large enough to attract bugs of different sizes and shapes.
- It is absolutely safe to keep around children.
- It produces a unique sound so you will know when an insect is caught.
- Kills Insects Immediately.
- No toxic chemical is involved.
Pros & Cons Of Flowtron FC-8800
- It allows a maximum catch, so you will be able to get rid of a wide range of insects.
- It is suitable for use in any premises, whether indoors or outdoors.
- It is absolutely safe to be kept around children.
- The construction of this device is quite bulky, so it takes up space and can be difficult to carry around.
- It can be quite noisy.
The device is perfect for using at home, shops, restaurants or hospitals. It is chemical free and so doesn’t cause any harm to human health. You can make your premise bug free with the help of this device.
2. Flowtron BK-80D – Amazing 1.5 Acre Bug Zapper
Choosing Flowtron BK-80D bug zapper is one of the clever moves for buying about best bug zapper in your bucket. If you are tired of dealing with insects then this high-quality bug zapper is the best choice for you. The device is completely safe to use in any outdoor places. You won’t need to worry about any toxic chemicals. It is designed to protect an area as large as 1.5 acres.
Features of Flowtron BK-80D Bug Zapper
- It has a high-intensity black light bulb that is capable of attracting various flying insects and eliminating them in seconds.
- There is a mosquito-attractant cartridge as well providing a highly effective solution for mosquitoes.
- Its vertical grid doesn’t cause any clogging, so you don’t need to worry about any short-circuits.
- The device has a protective outer covering that makes it safe to be used around children and pets.
- The casing is rustproof and rainproof, making it ideal to be used outdoors.
- It can be plugged into any standard socket.
- You can two-year warranty with the product.
Pros & Cons Of Flowtron BK-80D
- This model of bug zapper can cover a wide area. So, you will be able to keep away from insects when you sit outdoors.
- It is very economical, so you won’t need to worry about your electric bills.
- No toxic chemicals are used. So, it doesn’t cause any harm to the environment or your health.
- It has insect repellent scent cartridge that that attracts the insects to the bug zapper.
- It is a very high-quality device and will last you a long time.
- Its protective covering makes it ideal for outdoor use.
- It covers a huge area, so you won’t have to bother much about insects when you go to a picnic with your friends.
- The device produces a zapping sound that may distract your pets.
- It is often hard to clean the device.
- When large insects are killed, you get a singed odor. You may have to deal with dead body parts of insects.
- A small air compressor is needed to maintain the device.
- The length of the power cord is too short; you may have to buy an extension cord.
This bug zapper is very nature-friendly. It is highly effective in killing insects, especially mosquitoes. You don’t need to worry about its maintenance much. It will keep you safe from insects for a long time.
3. Sandalwood Electric Bug Zapper – Awesome Electronic Insect Killer
You must have used stinger racket or flyswatter for getting rid of those irritating flying insects at home. If you didn’t have any success with them, you should try out Sandalwood electric bug zapper. It is a highly effective insect killing device. Besides killing those annoying insects, it will protect your property and health as well.
Features of Sandalwood Electric Bug Zapper
- It has a 2000-volt electric grid that is strong enough to kill insects very quickly.
- It’s lantern-style design matches well with your house and garden decor.
- You can hang this device anywhere and use any standard outlet to operate it.
- You only need to hang it 5 to 10 feet above your premise and stop worrying about insect bites.
- It has an invisible black light output that is safe and feels easy on the eyes.
- The grids are easy to clean.
- It covers half an acre area of land.
Pros & Cons of Sandalwood Electric Bug Zapper
- It is ideal for use at home and outdoors. You can also use it for commercial purposes, like in restaurants, hotels or hospitals.
- It is well designed and will look good in your house or garden.
- It can get rid of different types of bugs, insects and pests.
- The device is safe to use, so you don’t need to worry about harming your children or pets.
- It is highly effective and can kills insects instantly.
- It is odorless and there is no toxic chemical involved.
- No insect part will be left out, so it’s easy to clean up and maintain.
- It produces a sharp noise that can be quite disturbing.
- It’s smaller in size and covers less area than other bug zappers in the market.
You can take this bug zapper with you when you go on camping or barbecuing. It has a stylish design and an excellent mechanism to eliminate many flying insects. The UV light bulb is long lasting and you can use this device both day and night. Buying this model of bug zapper is indeed a great investment.
4. TESCCI 20W Electronic Bug Zapper – Top Rated Bug Zapper For UV Light
The TESCCI electronic bug zapper is very effective in fighting off insects and flies. It is very cost effective and produces better results than chemical pest control systems. It doesn’t cause any harm to human health or to the environment, so it’s perfectly safe to use.
Features Of TESCCI 20W Electronic Bug Zapper
- It has two UV bulbs that emit powerful ultraviolet rays that attract flies and other insects from very far away.
- The coverage area of this device is up to 5,000 sq. feet, so you can sit peacefully in outdoor locations without worrying about getting bitten by insects.
- 2,800-volt shock is used to kill the insects.
- It has a protective cage and so it is safe to use around children.
- It is RoHS compliant and CE certified.
Pros & Cons of TESCCI Electronic Bug Zapper
- It is best suited for an indoor environment like houses, shops, restaurants, hospitals or even warehouse.
- It is capable of attracting insects from a very long distance and trapping them into their mesh.
- It can eradicate insects and flies quickly without causing any harm to people’s health.
- The product is very safe to use as it has a protective cover as well.
- The coverage is not sufficient to be used in open outdoor spaces. Other similar products provide wider coverage.
- You can get other bug zappers at a cheaper price.
The TESCCI bug zapper is a powerful tool that helps you to live peacefully in your home without getting stressed about the bugs and insects that can affect your health. It is a chemical free product and doesn’t cause any damage to the environment.
5. Flowtron BK 40D – Best Outdoor Bug Zapper
You can get rid of flying insects easily with the Flowtron Insect Killer. One of the most important features of this bug zapper is that it doesn’t harm the environment in any way. The insect gets killed and falls to the ground. It then gets reabsorbed into the ecosystem naturally.
Features Of Flowtron BK-40D
- It has electrified grid and 40-watt high-intensity UV light to kill the flying pests.
- It looks nice with the decorative lantern.
- Octenol attractant is also present to make it more effective.
- It has vertical rod killing grid system.
- You get a free 30-day cartridge with it and it is a proven device to lure mosquitoes.
- It is waterproof and it’s poly-carbonate construction prevents rust.
- You can replace the bulb easily without the use of any tool.
- There is hardly any ongoing expense like those in the case of chemical insecticides.
- You get a 2-year warranty with the product.
Pros & Cons of Flowtron BK-40D
- The bug zapper is beautiful looking and you can hang it anywhere without spoiling your décor.
- It is very efficient in killing mosquitoes.
- The construction is rigid and so will last you a long time.
- It requires low maintenance.
- Best bug zapper for outdoor
- The coverage is not that much compared to the other bug zappers in the market.
- It attracts many insects within a short time, so you must hang it at a distance; otherwise, you will be clouded by these insects.
- The power cord is short, so an extension cable is required.
This most effective bug zapper has got very good reviews. It is economical to use and is the best option if you are looking for something that doesn’t create much hassle.
6. Mergence Wall Sconce Fly Trap – Amazing Bug Zapper For Flying Insects
Insects buzzing around your house can make your best day into the worst. If you are looking for something that will get rid of these insects in the proper manner then you should buy this bug zapper. It attracts the insects with a pleasant smell and interesting visuals. It looks lovely and you can accommodate it comfortably anywhere in your home.
Features Of Zepol Labs Mergence Wall Sconce Fly Trap
- It covers about 2000 sq. ft space and is perfect for your home.
- It can catch a lot of insects within a very short time, giving you good value for money.
- It uses the latest technology and lasts for a long time.
- Maintenance of this device is simple; you can easily replace the UV bulbs and glue pads.
- The shell is paintable, and you can match it with the color of your wall if you want to.
- It has Mergence fly systems, 1 glue trap, 2 UV bulbs and drywall mounting hardware.
Pros & Cons of Mergence Wall Sconce Fly Trap
- It is visually very attractive; it looks more like a decorative piece.
- It has higher catch rates compared to other similar products in the market.
- There is no irritating zapping noise or sparks.
- It lasts much longer with a higher lumen output and UV spectrum.
- It is developed after doing thorough scientific research, and so is very effective.
- It is economical as you only need 30-watt power to operate it.
- It doesn’t use any toxic chemical, so it is safe for the environment and human health.
- It can be only used indoors like in the living room, shop, kitchen, bedroom or enclosed garages.
- It can be difficult to carry it, unlike the hanging bug zappers.
- It may be disturbing to look at all the insects that get stuck on the glue.
This device is able to lure house flies, bottle flies, moths and other insects. It is very simple to operate; you only need to throw away and replace the glue pad after use. It is a great chemical free alternative for houses, hospitals and businesses.
7. Solar Bug Zapper Garden Light – Best Solar Bug Zapper
It is a very powerful device for killing insects in an eco-friendly manner. It uses the latest technology to attract insects and gets rid of them instantly. This high-efficiency bug zapper can give you the ultimate comfort you are looking for in your house.
Features Of Solar Bug Zapper Garden Light
- Protects your family from annoying mosquitoes, insects bites
- Solar-powered mosquito and bug zapper means no more batteries! Save money on electricity AND batteries when you switch to these amazing SOLAR-powered bug zappers. Just put them in the ground, and the SUN powers them every day for constant protection from bugs all night!
- Solar-powered mosquito and bug zapper means no more batteries!
- Compact & lightweight, easy to carry & highly portable Also great for fishing, camping, hiking, jogging, golfing or simply enjoying your patio or porch
- Easy installation. It’s a great convenient way to kill mozzies, flies and bugs indoors and outdoors, with no smell, no chemicals and no environmental pollution
Pros & Cons of Solar Bug Zapper Garden Light
- You can use either solar energy or alternating current to operate it.
- It is durable and energy efficient.
- The UV tube is very efficient in catching mosquitoes.
- It is radiation free, so is not harmful.
- It doesn’t produce any noise.
- It is beautifully designed, and so you can use it as a decorative lighting lamp.
- It doesn’t cover a wide area.
This device is perfect for garden and indoors as well. The best feature of this product is that it is powered by solar energy. You can make it a decorative piece in your garden or patio. It provides good illumination and gets rid of insects at the same time.
8. Insect Killer Zapper – Amazing Outdoor Mosquito Zapper
It is an outstanding insect killer device with high voltage metal grids to kill insects. It has a unique scent that attracts mosquitoes. The warm light produced from this device also attracts insects. Once they come near they get trapped and killed by the high voltage electricity.
Features Of Insect Killer Zapper
- It can cover up to an area of 6, 000 sq. feet.
- It can run for a long time effectively; its magnetic transformer doesn’t get overheated.
- It gives off 2500 to 4000 V which is strong enough to kill mosquitoes and other flies.
- It is waterproof and so can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- It is made up high-quality material making it very durable.
Pros & Cons of Insect Killer Zapper
- Its ideal for using both indoors and outdoors.
- Its magnetic transformer can work for many hours without getting overheated. So, it is ideal to take it on a campsite or using it in hospitals where you need to be always cautious about insect bites.
- Its strong voltage allows it to kill insects instantly.
- The magnetic transformer is more expensive than the electronic transformer. So, the price of the product is higher than the competitors.
- It doesn’t kill too many insects at one time. So, it is quite slow at killing them eventually. You will see insects flying around it and one or two insects at a time will be killed.
You can easily take this device outside even during rainy season. It is completely waterproof and will work perfectly well even in adverse weather conditions. It is one of the best bug zappers you will get in the market today.
9. Flowtron BK 80D – Amazing 1.5 Acre Bug Zapper, 2 Pack
This electronic insect killer is one of the most effective and reliable bug zappers you will find on the market today. You can easily place it in your patio or yard and enjoy your summer nights outdoors. It consists of an electric bulb and a cartridge containing chemicals. The electric bulb heats up the cartridge and attracts insects towards it. Once they are near they get an electric shock and get killed instantly.
Features Of Flowtron BK 80D
- It’s nontoxic ultra-violet light easily gets rid of mosquitoes and other insects.
- It can cover an area of 1.5 acres.
- It has a non-clogging killing grid, so you won’t need to worry about insect parts sticking around.
- It is made with high-quality materials and is very durable.
Pros & Cons of Flowtron BK 80D
- This product is very easy to maintain. Unlike most bug zappers, the insects don’t get trapped inside the zapper, so you won’t find any insect parts lying there that you might have to clean afterwards. Flowtron BK-80D has vertical grid structure, so the insect actually falls outside on the ground. So, not much cleaning is required.
- It is very easy to replace the bulb.
- It kills the insects instantly and so is very effective at its job.
- The noise is too loud and sometimes becomes unbearable.
- The product is a little pricier compared to the other products in the market.
Considering the functionality and quality of the product, buying this bug zapper is a great investment. You will get a two-year warranty with the product and you won’t have to worry about buying another one any sooner.
10. Gardner GT200 Insect Light – Best Insect Light Trap
It is very high rated bug zapper for flying insects. It’s 80 W ultraviolet light attracts insects towards it. It has more than 200 sq. in. of trapping surface, so can catch a lot of insects. It is a portable device that you can keep it on top of a shelf or even mount it on your wall.
Features Of Gardner GT200 Insect Light
- This device doesn’t use any chemical, so it is not harmful.
- No annoying sound is produced.
- It can operate for 24 hours without getting overheated.
- The UV light attracts many insects.
- It covers an area of 1,800 sq. ft.
- It’s glue board and UV light bulb can be replaced.
Pros & Cons of Gardner GT200 Insect Light
- The UV lamp is very energy efficient; you will be able to keep your electric bills down.
- The design is very attractive.
- The glue board is wide enough to catch a lot of insects at a time.
- No zapping noise.
- It provides excellent value for money.
- You get a warranty of 5 years with this product.
- It might be a little complicated to replace the glue board.
- It can kill only certain insects like mosquitoes and flies but is not effective for killing other types of insects.
It is a very top rated bug zapper available today. It’s 64 watts UV light and the vast trapping surface is ideal for killing lots of insects effectively. It is affordable and great for use in summer when you want to have some great time sitting on your patio and yard.
11. Flowtron FC7800 – Best Industrial Bug Zapper
Flowtron is a renowned brand for bug zappers. After intensive scientific research, the manufacturers have come up with this amazing product for killing flying insects. Flowtron FC7800 uses ultraviolet black light along with fly attracting pheromone and special reflector panels to attract and kill insects. The method is safe and environment friendly.
Features of Flowtron FC7800
- Designed in such a way that it is perfect for indoor use like in home, restaurants, hospitals, retail, and other places.
- Its patented vertical grill design is perfect for insect killing and eliminates any grid clogging.
- Ultraviolet black light and pheromones are used to lure insects.
- It can cover an area of up to 2,000 sq. ft.
- Doesn’t require much maintenance.
- Cleaning is easy as there is a removable tray underneath.
Pros & Cons Of Flowtron FC7800
- You can use it in places like kitchen, restaurants and hospitals where hygiene is an important factor. No harmful chemical is given off, so it is absolutely safe.
- The vertical grids prevent clogging. So, dead insects just drop on the removable tray and you can easily remove it.
- There is no risk of airborne contamination like in the case of pesticides.
- You can easily mount it on the wall.
- The device is lightweight and compact, so it is easy to carry around.
- You won’t be able to use it outdoors.
- You may need to replace the bulbs frequently.
For indoor purposes, the Flowtron FC 7800 is the best choice. It is a great product and will effectively kill all the flying insects that are bothering you. The product will last you for a long time due to its high-quality construction.
12. Genus Spectra UV Fly Light Trap – Amazing Compact Bug Zapper for restaurant
The Genus Spectra UV fly trap is a very stylish product that is able to kill flying insects very effectively. It is said to have one of the quickest catch rates among all the fly traps available in the market today. This product is ideal to be used in restaurants.
Features of Genus Spectra UV Fly Light Trap
- Designed to effectively kill flies, gnats and mosquitoes.
- Latest technology is used to lure insects with UV light.
- The bulbs are specially positioned so that the insects come straight towards the glue board that is kept just behind a screen panel. So, the insects get stuck on it right away.
- Two 36W bulbs are used to attract insects.
- The design is very attractive; so you can place it anywhere in the house.
- There is an option to mount it either vertically or horizontally.
- The front screen can be easily lifted. So, you can take out the glueboards or replace bulbs easily.
- It can cover an area of up to 3,000 sq. ft.
Pros & Cons Of Genus Spectra UV Fly Light Trap
- Produces flicker free UV light, so reduces the running cost.
- Ideal for use in sensitive places like restaurants, kitchens, etc. where hygiene is very important and in places where there is a high population of flying insects.
- It is slim, compact and has a stylish design.
- The UV bulbs are positioned in a special way to attract more insects.
- The product is easy to clean and maintain.
- Perfect for indoor use, but not for outdoor applications.
- The price of this product is higher than other similar products in the market.
This fly trap provides an effective pest management strategy for your home, shop or other premises. If you want to get rid of flying insects while maintaining hygiene of the environment at the same time, then you should buy this product.
Throughout the year, especially in summer, we get irritated and disturbed by the insects flying around us. These insects prevent us from enjoying some good time outside the home with families and friends. The bug zapper is a great invention that is capable of getting rid of these insects. These are harmless and absolutely safe to use. We have just discussed the top 10 bug zappers you will find on the market today. If you are troubled by these insects in your home or outside, you can pick one of these bug zappers and stop worrying about these little creatures.
Buying Guide – Bug Zapper Checklist Before Purchase
Being around bugs when you are enjoying some quality time can be awful. You must have tried all the methods you could think of for killing these little insects, but couldn’t get much results with it. Bug zappers are great at removing these insects without harming the environment. These can be used both indoors and outdoors. With so many bug zapper manufacturers available today, it can be difficult to choose the best bug zapper that is suitable for you. When buying a bug zapper you should consider the following checklist.
- Indoor or outdoor use: Each bug zapper has a certain coverage area. Some are suitable for indoor use and some for outdoor as well. You should first consider whether you are going to use it indoors or outdoors. For outdoor use, the coverage area should be large so that the device can attract insects from a distance. A bug zapper designed for indoor use won’t be effective in case of outdoor purpose.
- Power consumption: The bug zappers use electricity to kill insects. They need to be left for hours before they can catch enough insects. So, power consumption is an important factor to consider. You should buy something that is energy efficient and doesn’t get overheated after long use. You should make sure that the product you buy doesn’t result in the too much electric bill at the end of the month. Solar powered bug zapper is a great option.
- Cost: When you buy a bug zapper, you should have a budget. You will find bug zappers in various price ranges. The one you will buy depends on your affordability. It is not necessary that an expensive one will be the best choice. You will find many economical bug zappers in the market that produce excellent results.
- Types of insects it can eliminate: Not all bug zappers can get rid of mosquitoes, for example. So, mosquitoes are bothering you then you should buy a bug zapper that is particularly effective in eradicating mosquitoes. There are many bug zappers available in the market that can eliminate various types of insects.
- Construction and design: The construction of the device must be good. It should last you a long time. It must be safe to be put around children and pet. There should be protective coverings so that there is no chance of getting an electric shock when touched. You will find some bug zappers that are beautifully designed. This is an additional benefit you get as it improves the aesthetic appeal of your premise.
These are the main features that you should look at before buying a bug zapper. You should consider it as an investment and buy the best one available in the market. Bug zappers will make your nights more bearable and you will be able to enjoy your time both inside and outside your home without any insects flying around you.
The electric bug zappers are much safer to use than the other types of insect killing devices you have used before. They have proven to be very effective and are very popular in the market today. Unlike chemical insect killers, these bug zappers are not toxic and don’t cause any harm to the environment. These are portable and you can carry them around. So, whether you are going out camping or simply having a good time in your garden, you can have one of these bug zappers with you and enjoy your time without the interference of any insect.
You may like: How To Start Indoor Vegetable Gardening
These are portable and you can carry them around. So, whether you are going out camping or simply having a good time in your garden, you can have one of these bug zappers with you and enjoy your time without the interference of any insect.
The bug zappers are perfect for commercial use as well. They can keep the hospitals, shops and restaurants bug-free and so maintain proper hygiene all the time. Bug zapper is a great investment and you should definitely have one in your house.