Do you have LED grow lights in your garden? If not, then you are not creating the perfect environment for your plants to grow. You are giving proper nutrients and having a good airflow system, but without proper light, your plants won’t grow up to their maximum potential. LED grow lights are very crucial for your garden.
- 1 Best LED Grow Lights List 2018
- 2 1. Ggalaxyhydro 300w – Best LED Grow Light For Indoor Plants
- 3 2. Viparspectra 600W – Amazing Led Grow Light
- 4 3. BESTVA 1000W LED Grow Light – Best Aluminium Plated Grow Lamp
- 5 4. Viparspectra 450W – Top Rated LED Grow Light For Veg and Flower
- 6 5. King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light – Best Double Chips Grow Light With UV & IR
- 7 Checklist Before Buying A Best LED Grow Light
- 8 Most Important FAQ For Best Grow LED Lights
- 9 Final Word
Buying the best LED grow lights isn’t simple. You will need to do lots of research and look deep into the features of various brands before choosing one. Here we have done the hard work for you. We have looked through various LED grow lights and have picked the best LED grow lights 2017 that can part of your garden.
Without question, the sun is the best source of energy for your plant. But when it comes to indoor gardening, full spectrum LED grow lights are the best option. These lights keep the garden cool and use less energy while providing the required energy and light to the plants. These are now used for growing cannabis as well. With LED grow lights cannabis have healthier growth.
The latest models of LED grow lights use special technology to point light to the plants directly and get better yields. These lights are much better than the incandescent and fluorescent lights. They are smaller, cheaper, have better luminous efficiency and lasts longer. They are heat efficient and don’t emit too much heat that can damage the plant. So, you can place it closer to the leaves and get better results.
LED lights are a popular choice for indoor gardening. You can customize your lighting by combining various colored LED to suit your plant’s requirements at the various stages of their development. If you are an indoor gardener, then use our guide to pick up the best LED light for your garden.
Best LED Grow Lights List 2018
When you decide to grow plants indoors you need to have some understanding of how the plants grow. You need to know their requirements at every stage of their development cycle so that you can get the best yield. LED grow lights are one of the important things you need to make sure that your plants grow properly.
With so many different types of LED lights available now it can be confusing to find the best one. Here are the reviews of five best LED grow lights that we think you can buy today.
1. Ggalaxyhydro 300w – Best LED Grow Light For Indoor Plants
Galaxyhydro LED Grow Light can cover a large area. It’s optimal spectrum can produce great yields. It has a sophisticated cooling system and fans so that the area doesn’t get heated up.
Features of Ggalaxyhydro 300w
- It is appropriate for areas of 2X2’ and at a height of 25’’.
- It has 120 degree light angle that magnifies PAR value and improves penetration by 150%.
- It has more red and blue chips compared to white and contributes to the better growth of plants.
- It offers IR for photosynthesis.
- The power consumption is only 140 watts.
- There are integrated fans that help to keep the area cool.
- It provides a 2-year warranty.
- You can get excellent after purchase service with this product.
Pros & Cons of Ggalaxyhydro 300w
Why Should Use?
- This light provides the necessary spectrum needed for plant’s growth.
- It is one of the cheapest LED grow light you can find for your indoor gardening.
- The lamp is very well built and sturdy.
- It has IR and UV functions which are very important for plant’s growth.
- The UV function kills bacteria which might affect the plant’s growth and the IR function promotes cell division.
- It has high luminous efficiency and penetration.
- It has two cooling fans and Sunflower radiator system that prevents heat build-up.
- It is daisy chain compatible.
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- This light only covers the very small area. So, if you have a large garden, you will need to buy multiple lights.
- Even if it is cheap compared to the other brands, you may end up paying more for the multiple lights.
The best thing about this LED light is its optimal spectrum range. It is perfect for growing healthy plants and getting the best yield. If you are a beginner and you have a tight budget then this light is ideal for you.
2. Viparspectra 600W – Amazing Led Grow Light
It is one of the best-selling LED grow lights in the market. It has 120 separate 5-watt LED chips and 100,000 hours of life span, making it last longer than other forms of light. It can cover 3X3 foot area at 24 inches above the area. There is a hanging kit that lets you setup the light easily in your garden.
Features of Viparspectra 600W
- It has an optimal full spectrum that the proper amount of light to plants at all stages of their development.
- It is scientifically engineered to keep the balance of the PAR/Lumen Output and Coverage.
- It produces a similar amount of energy and light compared to 600-watt HPS but consumes only 276 watts.
- It is ideal for a space that has dimension 3X3’ and height 24’’. It can provide maximum coverage of 4X4’.
- There are cooling fans and aluminum heat sinks to keep the lights cool.
- You can easily adjust the light spectrum using veg/bloom switches.
Pros & Cons of Viparspectra 600W
Why Should Use?
- These are high quality LED grow lights that you can find at a very modest price.
- It is best suited for the small to medium sized indoor garden.
- It uses up less energy compared to other lights.
- You don’t need to worry about the heat as there are cooling fans to keep your garden safe.
- This light will give you bigger flowers. It provides the optimal spectrum for different stages of growth of the plants. You will get a 3-year warranty with this product.
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- It is said to give more blue light spectrum than the red one. You cannot dim the light if you want to.
- It is not waterproof, so you will have to be careful while working in the garden.
- This LED Light is good for small or medium gardens, but won’t be a good choice for big gardens.
This light is perfect for all types of indoor plants including vegetable and flowers. Whether you are a beginner or a professional gardener, you will be 100% satisfied with the performance of the LED light.
3. BESTVA 1000W LED Grow Light – Best Aluminium Plated Grow Lamp
After experimenting for several years, the manufacturers have finally developed the best light needed for indoor gardening. It is particularly suitable for growing weed. Though the lights are small, they can produce more light than other LED lights that are bigger in size.
Features of BESTVA 1000W LED Grow Light
- It consumes only 234W.
- It can cover an area of 3.8 X 3.6’.
- This light uses 380 -780nm full spectrum that is ideal for indoor plants veg and flower.
- It leads to high yields and builds up less heat.
- It has a single circuit containing all the diodes and has less soldered points. So, there is less risk of circuit break.
- There are fans for cooling the light at the top of the panel.
- These lights have wider viewing angles, so there is no need to have any additional lenses.
- The lights have stronger light and better color mixing.
- It’s lifetime is 50,000 hours, that is more than 5 years.
- Hanging kit and the power cord are included.
- You don’t have to worry about voltage is it can accept voltage between 85V and 265V.
Pros & Cons of BESTVA 1000W LED Grow Light
Why Should Use?
- This light panel is cheaper than the traditional ones of similar wattage.
- BESTVA 1000W is ideal for a small grow tent. The cooling mechanism is excellent and there is no risk of burning your plants due to heat build-up.
- Not much ventilation is needed. It has a full light spectrum that can be best for vegetative and flowering stages of growing plants.
- The light keeps balance with coverage and high Lumen. The light doesn’t concentrate on the middle of the growing and so won’t hamper the growth of the plants.
- It offers much brighter light than the traditional LED lights as it has 10W dual chips compared to the 5W or 3W chips.
- You can easily control the intensity of light with a timer.
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- It is not waterproof and is only suitable for indoor use.
- The light is very bright and looking at it directly may have negative effects on your eyes.
- It is not as durable as the other LED lights.
This light will keep your plants safe from being exposed to extra heat or high-intensity light. You can have a controlled environment if you purchase this LED grow light for your indoor garden.
4. Viparspectra 450W – Top Rated LED Grow Light For Veg and Flower
After a lot of research and testing, the manufacturers have come up with this awesome product. You will get better quality flowers with these lights that are dense. The light is designed in such a way that it is not too concentrated in the middle of the growing area. So, there is no risk of getting sun burning and undergrowth of plants. You will get the best yield with this light.
Features of Viparspectra 450W
- It is ideal for small or mid-sized indoor gardens.
- It has special aluminum cooling heat sinks and fans that are cooler than other lights. This provides easy heat dissipation.
- It keeps the balance of the PAR/Lumen Output and Coverage perfectly.
- It provides optimal full spectrum ideal for growing veg, flowers and plants at every stage of the growth cycle.
- It consumes only 200 watts compared to 400-watt HPS/MH. So, you will save a lot of energy and money.
- It is suitable for a growing area of 2.5X2.5’ at 24’’ height.
- It can provide maximum coverage of 3.5X3.5’.
- A hanging kit is included which helps you to set the light up easily in your garden.
Pros & Cons Viparspectra 450W
Why Should Use?
- This LED grow light is well-built and will last longer than other lights.
- It has the optimal spectrum needed for the better growth of plants.
- Viparspectra 450W bright light containing red, blue and white colors that are important for the plant’s growth.
- This LED light is much affordable compared to other lights with similar features. The inbuilt cooling fans are very effective in preventing heat build up and they don’t make any noise.
- The light can be easily hanged using the hanging kit.
- You will get a 3-year warranty for the light, so you won’t have to worry about replacing it any sooner.
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- The light coverage of this LED light is not comprehensive. So, you may need more lights.
- It also covers a small area. So, it is not ideal for a large garden.
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series is one of the best LED grow light brands available in the market today. You will be able to increase your plants’ yields without spending much money if you buy this model of LED light today.
5. King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light – Best Double Chips Grow Light With UV & IR
The King Plus LED light uses new LED technology to produce brighter light for the plants. It consumes less energy. It has double LED chips that have 10W per LED. You will get full spectrum light from this similar to that of the sunlight. It is ideal for the growth of your plants.
Features of King Plus 1000w
- It has 10W double chips that give you brighter light.
- It keeps the balance of PR/Lumen Output and Coverage.
- It saves a lot of energy as it only consumes 185W power.
- You can plug it in anywhere as it supports 85V to 265V.
- It provides a full spectrum of light including IR and UV which is very effective for the growth of the plants at all stages.
- It’s efficient cooling system prevents heat from building up.
- There are many ventilation entries allowing proper air flow.
- It provides a 3-year warranty.
- There is a hanging kit that makes it very easy to hang the light at the proper height.
Pros & Cons of King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light
Why Should Use?
- The best thing about this brand is that it consumes less energy and so saves you a lot of money.
- It has a full spectrum of light that is best for the growth of the plants.
- King Plus 1000w provides better light coverage. So, the light is more efficient than the other LED lights available in the market.
- The cooling fan uses an innovative technology to keep the area cool.
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- The light coverage area is a bit smaller than other lights.
- You need to be careful about the position where you hang the light. If it’s too near, it may burn the leaves as the light is quite bright.
- The lights are not waterproof as well.
You need the right LED light to grow your plants indoors. If you don’t make the right decision you may waste a lot of money and not get the desired results. These are some of the best LED grow lights available today and buying one of these will give you great results.
Checklist Before Buying A Best LED Grow Light
LED grow light is a new thing that has improved indoor gardening. It can provide similar light as sunlight for the indoor plants to grow. LED light gives you perfect control of the light so you can make sure that your plants are receiving the right amount of light at each of their growth stages. These also take up minimal space and don’t produce much heat. It saves your energy cost as well. With so many types of LED grow lights available in the market, it can be a tough job selecting one for your garden. Before you purchase LED grow light for your garden, you should consider the following checklist.
- Learn the terms: You should know the terms related to LED grow light that describes it’s features. For example, things like ‘PR/Lumen Output’, etc. You should know about the light spectrum and which lights are better. You should understand the importance of having UV and IR in the light. You should know how much power will be effective for your plant, and more. If you know the terms well, you will understand the features of the LED lights mentioned and decide which one will be right for you.
- Know the benefits: LED grows lights have many advantages. But not all of them may be appropriate for your garden. By knowing the benefits you will be able to decide whether you should buy it and if so, what type of LED light you need.
- Do your research: You should check out the reviews of various brands of LED lights before choosing one. Narrow down your choices and then pick one depending on the value and price.
- Price: You will find LED lights of various price ranges in the market. You should choose something that is of high quality and fits your budget as well. You can get some outstanding LED lights at a low price as well.
These are some important points you should keep in mind when you decide to purchase your LED light. Make sure you go through your checklist well so that you don’t make any mistake about your judgement.
Most Important FAQ For Best Grow LED Lights
Ans: Yes, you can use any LED light for growing plants. But you won’t get the best result. LED grow lights produce the required wavelengths that are used by the plants. They don’t produce much heat so the leaves don’t get affected. The normal LED lights can give you the full spectrum light, but they give off more heat and are not as energy efficient as the LED grow lights.
Ans: Blue Led light is best for vegetative growth. It helps to develop leafy and tall plants. Red LED light encourages budding and flowering. So, these two are the best color LED grow light..
Ans: As a rule of thumb you need 32 watts per square foot of area for flowering high light plants like cannabis, tomatoes, etc. You should use 32 watts/sq. foot as the baseline.
You should provide light of minimum 30 watts/ sq. foot and 50 watts/sq. the foot is optimal. So, just multiply this with your area to get the needed amount.
LED grow lights have made indoor gardening much convenient. You can get results as good as that of outdoor gardening using these lights. LED grow lights produce lights similar to sunlight. The good thing about it is that you can have full control of the wavelength of light you provide to your plants.
You can choose the wavelength depending on the type of plant and get the best results. LED grow lights have huge demand now and indoor gardeners are relying on them for growing their plants.
Our reviews will give you guidance to buy the right LED grow light for your garden. You must make sure that you take your time, look at your requirements and buy one that best suits your needs.