One of the challenges virtually every individual have faced at one point in time is moving some heavy quantity of load from one place to another. The load, which often times consists of a lot of small units or could be a singular bulky unit is difficult to move, especially if the distance is a bit far.
A wheelbarrow is a machine that makes it easy for the bulk load to be moved between distances that can be walked. The wheelbarrow allows people to carry loads that are multiple times heavier than what they can carry on their own.
- 1 Best Garden Wheelbarrow List – 2020
- 2 1. Gorilla 1200 – Heavy Duty Best Wheelbarrow
- 3 2. Power Assist 24 Volt – Best Electric Wheelbarrow
- 4 3. WORX Aerocart – Top Rated 2 Wheeled Multifunction Wheelbarrow
- 5 4. Marathon – Best Residential Yard 2 Wheel Wheelbarrow
- 6 5. Ames True Temper – Dual Wheel Poly Tray 8 Cubic Foot BP8 Wheelbarrow
- 7 The Most Important Wheel Barrow Parts
- 8 How to Choose the Best Wheelbarrow
- 9 Final Verdict
The wheelbarrow is used in different places, where there is the need to move heavy things. Some of such places include the market, construction sites and in the farm. Individuals who have wheelbarrow can easily use it to carry the properties they have bought or transport farm produces they have harvested.
The wheelbarrow parts consist majorly of the handle, the wheel, and the tray. The load is kept inside the tray while the handle is used to push the wheelbarrow on its wheel from one location to the other. While the traditional wheelbarrow has just one wheel, there is 2 wheels wheelbarrow as well as wheelbarrows with more than 2 wheels.
There are also electric wheelbarrows that work with electricity and makes the effort needed to push the wheelbarrow even lesser. This review gives readers some important information on wheelbarrows so that individuals who want a good wheelbarrow can buy from one of them.
Best Garden Wheelbarrow List – 2020
|1||Gorilla Carts GOR6PS Heavy-Duty Poly Yard Dump Cart with 2-In-1 Convertible Handle, 1,200-Pound Capacity, Black||1200lb||54lb||$$$|
|2||24 Volt Power Assist Wheelbarrow||200lb||-||$$$|
|3||WORX Aerocart Multifunction 2-Wheeled Yard Cart, Dolly, and Wheelbarrow with Flat Free Tires – WG050||300lb||48.7lb||$$$|
|4||Marathon Dual-Wheel Residential Yard Rover Wheelbarrow and Yard Cart - Green||300lb||33lb||$$|
|5||Ames True Temper 8 Cubic Foot Poly Tray Dual Wheel Contractor Wheelbarrow BP8||-||50lb||$$$|
1. Gorilla 1200 – Heavy Duty Best Wheelbarrow
The Gorilla 1200 Pound Capacity Carts GOR6PS Black Heavy Duty 2 in 1 Convertible Handle Poly Yard Dump Cart is a heavy duty wheelbarrow that allows a load of up to 1200 lbs to be carried on it.
The wheelbarrow has an updated and innovative frame design that allows for easy and great assembling. It also features the quick release patented dumping system as the wheelbarrow can be unloaded and loaded with ease.
It comes with 4 wheels that is balanced making it very easy to use. The new design for the frame makes the wheelbarrow more rigid and better to maneuver. The cart has a turning radius that is tight as a result of its enhanced ground clearance.
The durable and tough poly bed can be easily cleaned and requires very little to no maintenance. The accompanying pneumatic tires are 13 inches and are constructed such that they can be used in every terrain irrespective of how much plants, gravel, mulch or heavy dirt you need to move around.
The handle is a 2 in 1 convertible handle that makes it easy to change from towing behind lawn tractor to hand pulling of the cart. The cart can be used to haul items up to 1200 lbs of weight. It is, therefore, a great device for every job around the farm, garden or home.
The dimensions of the wheelbarrow’s bed measure 40 inches x 25 inches. The cart has an overall weight of 60 pounds as well as a height of 26.2 inches.
Features of Gorilla 1200 lbs
- The wheelbarrow has a limited warranty for 1 year.
- Item weight of 58.6 pounds
- Item height of 25 inches
- Hauling capacity of 1200 pounds
- 13 inches tire that can be used on any terrain
- Poly bed that is resistant to rust and has a dimension of 40 inches by 25 inches
- Black finish
- Frame is made from steel
- Patented quick release feature for dumping
- A garden cart for heavy duty.
Pros & Cons of Gorilla 1200 lbs Wheelbarrow
Why Should Use?
- Can handle weight of 1200 pounds, that is about 400 percent of what most normal wheelbarrows can handle
- The handle is convertible and can be switched from pulling to pushing
- Great design that allows for easy cleaning
- Does not require much maintenance
- It is affordable
- Can be easily maneuvered
- Easy for waste to be dumped and loaded due to its patented quick release technology for dumping
- Can be used in virtually any terrain
- Beefy and rigid frame
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- Noticeable odor that is common with plastic and rubber products
- There might need to add some extra bracing if you intend to use it for heavy-duty jobs
2. Power Assist 24 Volt – Best Electric Wheelbarrow
This is one of the most popular wheelbarrow in 2020. Having a wheelbarrow for the purpose of carrying the load the is not often a problem. The problem can sometimes be in moving the wheelbarrow around, especially, when you have to lift loads of up to 200 lbs.
The battery operated 24-volt drive system in the Power Assist Wheelbarrow makes it much easier to move your wheelbarrow around, compared to other wheelbarrows that are not an electric wheelbarrow. It also features a two-wheel independent drive for serious maneuverability and easy turning.
It features a simple pushbutton for reverse and forward control. It is possible to haul rocks, shrubs, sand, sod, and dirt amongst others. The forward speed variable gear has power burst that implies that you can take your load up a hill much easier, even if you are going at an angle of 15 degrees.
It has 13 inches tires, a steel frame that is rugged as well as a durable poly tub of 6 cubic foot. All of these give it the ability to perform very tough tasks. You will need 12V units of the battery to run the system.
Features of Power Assist 24 Volt
- Product dimension of 57 inches by 28 inches by 27 inches.
- Great for moving rocks, shrubs, sand, sod and dirt
- Simple pushbutton reverse and forward control
- Two wheels independent drive that makes serious maneuverability and easy turning very easy.
- Drive system operated on 24V battery
- The capacity of 200 lbs.
Pros & Cons
Why Should Use?
- An electric wheelbarrow that makes it easier to move around
- Easy to use it to carry heavy loads up a hill or other sloppy heights
- Easy to operate
- Easy to assemble
- Powered by batteries
- It can be used for a very long time on a single charge
- Power burst ability
- High gear
- Works properly
- Great for older people or people with disabilities who do not have much strength to push manual wheelbarrows
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- It is a bit expensive, especially compared to non-electric wheelbarrows
- A bit more difficult to empty due to the weight of the battery.
- It could be difficult to tell if the gear is in reverse mode or not
3. WORX Aerocart – Top Rated 2 Wheeled Multifunction Wheelbarrow
The WORX Aerocart 2 Wheeled Multifunction Wheelbarrow, Dolly and Yard Cart with Flat Free WG050 Tires is a wheelbarrow with the multipurpose ability and can be adapted to a dolly so that it can be used for many other purposes as well.
Some of its feature includes the fact that it every part of the wheelbarrow is constructed from durable steel, extension arms that can be folded out and flat-free, oversized tires. Different innovative accessories alongside the extension arms can be used for transporting straw bales, mulch bags, flower pots as well as other awkward large objects.
The different attachments and accessories give the aerocart the ability to be used like 8 various carts including extended dolly, trailer mover, bag holder, rock lifter, potted plant mover, cylinder holder, hand truck, and wheelbarrow.
The wheelbarrow has the capacity to move items with about 3 cubic feet tub capacity and items weighing 300 lbs. It can be used to carry any type of load including dirt, bricks, rocks, wood and other loads. The wheelbarrow has a weight of about 48 lbs.
Its sturdy nature makes it possible for it to be able to be used for various required yard jobs. It is possible for 80 lbs of load, such as rocks and plants, to be carried and moved on the extension arms.
The two wheel wheelbarrow can change the center of gravity automatically to make managing heavy loads easier. Based on this, you will feel like you are moving a load of just 17 lbs when you are moving 200 lbs of load. Your joints and your back benefit a lot from this. You also get to save time.
Main Features of WORX Aerocart
- Item weight of 49 pounds
- Product dimensions of 42 inches by 12 inches by 18 inches.
- Fold out extension arm
- Ergonomic lift design
- Constructed only from steel and can move 300 lbs weight
- Comes with mesh rock mover, back holder, cylinder holder, flower pot strap
- Can be converted without tools to become a cylinder carrier, bag holder, trailer mover, flower pot mover and extended dolly.
- Patented center of gravity adjustment design that makes it easy to manage load by balancing it
- Flat free, oversized tires
- Very versatile moving work and lifting system
- Silver black and orange color
Pros & Cons
Why Should Use?
- Makes it much easier to carry heavier load by adjusting the center of gravity
- Can be easily converted to 8 different types of cart
- The handle can be used to carry up to 80 lbs
- No need to bother about the tire deflating
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- A bit small in size
- Very short to the ground
- Warranty does not cover parts that wear
4. Marathon – Best Residential Yard 2 Wheel Wheelbarrow
The Marathon Residential Yard Dual Wheel Green Yard Cart and Wheelbarrow is among the 2 wheel wheelbarrow available in the market that people make use of the most. Some of the major pecks of this wheelbarrow are the fact that it has a great ergonomic designed that makes it a breeze for people to engage in yard work.
The ease of use is as a result of its maneuverability, easier balancing, the lower effort required to lift it and its light weight. People of any age group or strength can use it in the house and other environments where the efficiency of a great wheelbarrow is required to move things around or other common projects.
The wheelbarrow has a tray that is 27.5 inches wide and 36 inches long. It also has the capability to haul loads weighing up to 300 pounds. Some of the materials that can be hauled on the wheelbarrow include rocks, debris, yard waste, logs, topsoil, and mulch.
The wheelbarrow is among one of the Marathon brand wheelbarrows that comes with a flat free and air-filled tire. It is easy to install and of very high quality.
- Item weight of 33 pounds
- Product dimensions of 35 inches by 16 inches by 14 inches
- You will only need a flathead screwdriver and crescent wrench to install it.
- Comes with a poly tray that is 5 cubic foot and rust proof.
- The loop handle comes with a cushion grip that makes it less painful on the hand to pull or push the wheelbarrow as well as dump the Yard Rover contents.
- 2 air-filled wheels.
Pros & Cons of Marathon
Why Should Use?
- It weighs approximately 25 percent lesser than most wheelbarrows
- Installation requires just a few minutes
- Perfect for residential use
- Loop handle with cushion grip
- Easy to maneuver, balance and lift
- Every required piece comes with the package
- Very strong and flat free tire
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- The bucket is made from plastic
5. Ames True Temper – Dual Wheel Poly Tray 8 Cubic Foot BP8 Wheelbarrow
The Ames True Temper Dual Wheel Poly Tray 8 Cubic Foot BP8 Wheelbarrow is a corrosion proof heavy duty wheelbarrow that can be used for heavy-duty jobs. The shoes, cross braces and front tray braces are made of steel. It has 2 sixteen wheel assemblies alongside ball bearings and pneumatic 2 ply tires.
The wheelbarrow can be used by both individuals and contractors as they are very durable and reliable for daily and longtime use. The construction was carried out based on very high specifications for quality. They can be used to carry and mix stones, cement as well as other bulky materials. They can also be used for moving logs of wood as well.
The large capacity of the wheelbarrow also fits the needs of diverse range of individuals who want a reliable wheelbarrow they can use for carrying heavy loads. Assembling the different components is easy to carry out.
The length of the handle from the tray is about 15 inches making it great for carrying concrete blocks and other heavy objects as well as for everyday home use.
Features of Ames True Temper
- The wheelbarrow is shipped in 3 separate boxes.
- Cleaning is very easy
- Has a poly tray that is rust proof
- It has a lightweight
- The handle is made from hardwood
- Constructed to carry out heavy duty jobs.
- Available in yellow color
Pros & Cons of Ames True Temper
Why Should Use?
- Durable and can be used for over 5 years with little to no maintenance
- The size is great for most people
- It is also very stable during usage
- The wheelbarrow works very well
- The double wheel of the wheelbarrow gives it a great balance
- Good weight capacity
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- The tray was not boxed
- A bit pricey for a wheelbarrow that is not electric
- There might need to insert rubber washers between the frame and try to improve its shock absorbing ability so that it can last longer
The Most Important Wheel Barrow Parts
The wheelbarrow is made up of 3 very important parts that make it function. The parts include the handle, the wheelbarrow tray and the wheelbarrow wheel. They are discussed subsequently.
The handle of the wheelbarrow is the part of the wheelbarrow that we hold whenever we want to make use of the wheelbarrow. The handle allows us to carry out 2 major functions, pushing the wheelbarrow forward or pulling the wheelbarrow towards us.
Without the handle, it will be very difficult to move our wheelbarrows around. The handles are usually made of steel or wood, with some having a rubber or other type of cushion to make it easier to handle.
The handle also provides an opportunity for some customization, as there the handle could serve for carrying handbags. There are also handles that are designed such that some of the weight of the items being carried can comfortably and conveniently rest on the handle.
The handles protrude from under the tray and are used to lift the wheelbarrow before moving them on their wheels.
The major function of the wheelbarrow is to move items, especially heavy things around. The tray provides the platform on which the items to be moved around are kept. The tray is usually built to be very strong out of steel so that they can comfortably carry heavy loads.
The size of the wheelbarrow tray determines the size and number of items that can be kept on the tray. The strength also determines the weight that can be carried on it. Carrying an excess weight beyond the recommended weight could lead to the tray and other parts of the wheelbarrow developing some faults.
The wheel of the wheelbarrow provides the platform upon which the wheelbarrow moves. Since it is round and meant to be rolled on the floor, it takes away most of the effort that will have been required to lift the wheelbarrow.
The wheels, therefore, eases the stress of carrying the heavy load as all that is expected is to move the load on the wheels. Once the wheels begin to develop some fault or start to less, then it begins to get difficult moving the wheelbarrow.
How to Choose the Best Wheelbarrow
Choosing the right wheelbarrow offers a lot of benefits to an individual. The individual is able to use to wheelbarrow to carry out the right size of work he intends to use it for. Here are some things to consider when choosing a wheelbarrow so as to be able to choose the best wheelbarrow for you.
- Size: You should check the size of the tray for the wheelbarrow when you are buying. The size of the tray directly impacts the size of the load you can comfortably carry on it. You should, therefore, ensure that the size is right for you, especially if you intend to carry very large items with the wheelbarrow.
- Weight Capacity: Your wheelbarrow is supposed to make it easier for you to work. In line with this, if you have to regularly move items as much as possible, you will want your wheelbarrow to be able to carry as much load as possible for every trip.For instance, if you need to regularly a move load of 10,000 lbs. Having a wheelbarrow that can support 300 lbs will imply that you-you will need about 34 trips to completely evacuate, as opposed to less than 10 trips if you have a wheelbarrow weight capacity of over 1000 lbs.You should look out for the weight capacity and ensure that it will be able to serve you efficiently. The more the load you need to carry, the higher the weight capacity of the wheelbarrow should be.
- The number of wheels: Some of the most common wheelbarrows around usually have one wheel. This is however, because most people prefer the most basic and most affordable wheelbarrow. If you however, want to consider efficiency, then you should consider a wheelbarrow that has at least two wheels.Wheelbarrows with 2 or more wheels are usually able to carry more load, give you more balancing for the wheelbarrow and make it easier for you to maneuver the wheelbarrow when it is loaded. They would also make the wheelbarrow feel lighter.
- Ground Clearance: The ground clearance is also important when you are choosing a wheelbarrow. The higher the ground clearance, the more difficult terrains it would be able to manipulate. Maneuvering also becomes easier.
- Materials: The material from which the wheelbarrow was made is also vital as it will determine how strong the wheelbarrow will be. You should get a wheelbarrow that is completely made from steel, or with very minimal rubber components.
- Rigidity: Wheelbarrows are expected to be rigid so that there is little to no inconvenience when using it to carry load. Wheelbarrows that are not rigid can easily tumble when they are being used to carry heavy load.
- Offloading: The ease with which the wheelbarrow can be offloaded is very vital. Offloading is supposed to be the easiest part of using a wheelbarrow, especially when you just want to pour the content on the ground. That shouldn’t be too difficult to achieve.
- Electric or manual: Electric wheelbarrows are usually easier to use than manual wheelbarrows. If you want to get a wheelbarrow for an elderly person or someone that is disabled, you will do them a lot of good to get electric. Young people with enough strength might not mind getting a non-electric wheelbarrow since they have the strength.
The wheelbarrow is a device that helps people a moving load from one distance to the other. These best wheelbarrow review will go a long way to aid you in selecting a wheelbarrow for yourself. The wheelbarrows were carefully selected after carefully considering them.
A lot of factors were considered in selecting the Best Wheelbarrow. They include load capacity of the wheelbarrows, how rigid they are, the ease with which they can be offloaded, as well as the size of the tray and height of the wheelbarrow. An electric wheelbarrow was also suggested for those that will prefer something electric.
Generally, individuals can just select any from this list that matches their needs and their budget. We are sure that any of these best wheelbarrows will be able to serve you efficiently for a very long time with little to no problems. They also fall amongst the most affordable among wheelbarrows that have the same capability.